Blog Post Openings
Do we ever lose the need for the fundamentals of starting powerful posts?
Copyblogger recently had an article that I found interesting and appropriate for any beginning, mature or ‘rusty’ blogger. They continue to delivering compelling free content that gives examples of compelling copywriting. The display information that you need to learn to get traffic and links that you need as you build your authoritative web site.
Brian Clark, the founder o Copyblogger, has been labeled, among many other awards, “the most influential online blogger of 2009”. The editors of Performancing honored him with a similar award in 2007. But, really, I just like the way he talks to me at a level I can understand-straight and to the point. When he writes, I take heed.
Good Blog Post Openings Have Effective Opening Paragraphs
We are reminded that a great headline must be followed by an effective opening paragraph. Here are 5 things to help avoid those lame opening paragraphs.
1. Ask a Question – Get your readers involved
2. Share an Anecdote or Quote – Famous quotes, amusing (very short) stories, or funny observances get attention.
3. Help them build an image or mental picture – use imaging words such as ‘picture this…’ or ‘think back to…’
4. Use an Analogy, Metaphor or Simile – Tell a story in a single sentence.
5. Cite a Shocking Statistic – People respond to relevant, unique, startling, or even shocking facts and statistics.
Bundle these 5 points in the closing by review of your main topic point in the closing and you will increase your chanced of a succesufull post.